There are various foods such as herbs, veggies, spices, nuts, seeds and fruits which have healing properties. We can get numerous health benefits by including them into our daily diet.
Sunflower seeds are one such goldmine of nutrients. The seeds are extracted from the sunflowers after removing the petals. These seeds are slightly gray in color enveloped in a dark brown shell.
- Sunflower seeds are oil rich and produce polyunsaturated oil.
- Rich source of selenium which is beneficial for overall health.
- Vitamin E present in sunflower seeds helps remove the free radicals from the body.
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- These are anti-inflammatory and helps control heart disease.
- Magnesium present in sunflower seeds is good against high blood pressure and stroke.
Prudent ways to include them in diet;
- Best way is to roast the seeds and eat them as a snack.
- Sprinkle them over the salad.
- Mix in with the morning breakfast porridge.
- Grind the seeds and add the powder with wheat flour and make chapattis.
- The seeds can be used whole while baking cakes and other goodies, and can be powdered and added to the baking recipes.
- Add them to the fruit smoothies.
- Make a spread using these seeds and groundnuts and enjoy a healthy sandwich.
- A wholewheat delight of Healthy churma laddoos with sunflower seeds could be a good edition in festive sweets.
With loads of health benefits attached to it Sun flowers seeds is a prudent choice for a healthy-living. Add them to your daily diet and stay healthy.