Here are several ways chia seeds benefit our lives.
If you want to increase your brain power and have better energy levels in your body, then chia seed could be your answer.
- Chia seed nutrition, they supply the body with Calcium and protein (19% to 23% protein by weight). They also give you a high source of Boron which your body needs to use the Calcium to create strong and healthy bones and for muscle growth. Boron also can increase the levels of natural estrogen. The nutrients in these seeds improves proper brain functioning.
- Chia benefits you with the richest source of Omega 3. They are naturally oily, in fact they contain 60% Omega 3 Fatty Acids. These feed the body the essential omega 3 EPA, and this in turn replenishes the vital essential fatty acids your body needs to return to the correct balance and helps your body deal with any imbalances it may have and thus dramatically improving your overall mental and physical health.The essential fatty acids promote efficient nerve transmission and stimulate the brain.
- Chia benefits weight loss. They help with this in a couple of ways. Firstly you can have them in a smoothie or fruit drink in the morning for a nutritious breakfast that can keep you going until lunch time without any other food intake ( The Indians of South America used these seeds for their endurance benefits).Secondly the seeds actually aid the body by cleaning out your intestines of any old food remnants that have been laying there for a while (Similar to colonic irrigation). Thirdly chia seeds aid weight loss by being able to replace most of the fat in a lot of different foods, with no noticeable change to the flavor, but you have added 60% more volume to the food and have displaced a large degree of the calories and fat by adding an ingredient that is 90% water.
- Endurance athletes use chia seeds because they have a very high energy to weight ratio (more so than wheat, oats, rice or corn) that makes it a favourite choice of long distance endurance runners and other athletes (The most famous users of these properties where “The Tarahumara barefoot runners” These tribes people are famous for their long distance running sometimes not stopping from dawn till dusk!.
- Energy enhancing chia seeds. The health pioneer Paul Bragg did an experiment an endurance hike with friends. They divided up into a chia-eating group and another group, who ate whatever they wanted. The group eating only chia seeds finished the hike four hours, twenty seven minutes before the others, most of whom didn’t even finish at all.
- Chia seeds health benefits for diabetics have an ability to stabilize blood sugar levels,When in the stomach the chia forms a gel which acts to slow down digestion and sustain a balanced blood sugar level, which can be helpful in controlling diabetes, thus not having the spikes and troughs of sugar in the body which is the norm for diabetics.