Are you on a fat loss diet? If so, there are a few mistakes you will want to avoid. These errors happen time and time again and take any well-meaning dieter away from their goals. By arming yourself with the following information, you can ensure you stay on track to greater success …
1. Not Tracking Calories Religiously. If there is one thing, everyone should do while dieting it is track calories. If you are serious about seeing the best results possible, you will find a way to make this happen. Yes, it can be a nuisance, but it is the way to guarantee you get the results you are after.
Eventually, you may get to the point of being able to eyeball servings but to start with – count, count, count.
2. Neglecting Your Fiber Intake . Do not forget your fiber intake! It is easy to leave fiber in the dust thinking it is just another carb so to be avoided. However, high fiber diets produce favorable weight loss results. You are better off eating more fiber even if it means eating a few extra carbs some of the time.
Besides, fiber is just plain healthy. It keeps you regular, helps to balance blood sugar, and can aid in the prevention of heart disease.
3. Thinking "Calorie-Free = Weight Loss Friendly." Another mistake you will want to avoid is thinking "calorie-free means weight loss friendly." Too many people get caught up in this trap because it would seem to make sense.
If a portion of food does not contain any calories, how could it impact your body weight? However, here is the deal: sometimes calorie-free foods can cause food cravings to set in, and these food cravings can leave you wanting foods you otherwise would not be eating.
If this occurs, you will be taking in calories you need to avoid, and this is what will lead to weight gain.
4. Eating Too Few Calories Each Day. The last weight loss mistake to avoid is eating too few calories each day This one may seem silly – how could a low-calorie intake be a problem? Eating too few calories each day will set you up for …
- a slower metabolism,
- binge eating, and quite possibly,
- lean muscle mass loss.
It is just not something you want to do as a calorie is the amount of energy needed to convert a certain amount of food to fuel
There you have four fat loss mistakes it would be a good idea to avoid. Are you falling for any of these?